- Highly detailed collectors model
- Realistic coloring and markings
- Made of diecast metal and plastic parts
- Rubber tires, smooth rolling wheels
- Measures approximately: 3.2" long, 1.2" wide
- Box Dimensions: 5.25” L x 2.6” W x 2.75” H
- Display model, not a toy. Recommended for 6 years and above.
The Volkswagen Kübelwagen was a light military vehicle designed by Ferdinand Porsche and built by Volkswagen during World War II for use by the German military (both Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS). Based heavily on the Volkswagen Beetle, it was prototyped as the Type 62, but eventually became known internally as the Type 82.
Full-scale production of the Type 82 Kübelwagen started in February 1940, as soon as the VW factories had become operational. No major changes took place before production ended in 1945, only small modifications were implemented, mostly eliminating unnecessary parts and reinforcing some, which had proved unequal to the task. When Volkswagen production ceased at the end of the war, 50,435 Kübelwagen vehicles had been produced, and the vehicle had proven itself to be surprisingly useful, reliable, and durable.
This Cararma 1/43 scale Volkswagen Kübelwagen is highly detailed replica of the WWII work horse. The model is highly detailed recreation with accurate markings, panel lines, doors, windows, lights and accessories.