- Ground Power Series
- Realistic collectible model
- Diecast & plastic parts.
- Highly detailed, moveable turret.
- Acrylic case and display stand included.
- Measures approximately 2.5” L x 1.25” W x 1.4” H.
- Display model, recommended for adult hobbyists and collectors 14 years and above
Designed to meet a German need for an anti-tank weapon that was more powerful and more mobile than towed anti-tank guns like the Pak 36, the Marder III served from 1942 to 1945. This makeshift tank destroyer was based on obsolete German tanks and captured French vehicles, and was built on a Panzer 38(t) chassis. Armed with captured Soviet 76.2mm guns, early Marder IIIs had open tops and only weak armor on the front and sides. Later models employed 7.5cm PaK 40 anti-tank guns and provided marginally better protection for the crew, but by 1944 the Marder III was phased out of production in favor of fully armored vehicles.
This Hobby Master 1/72 scale model is a replica of a Sd.Kfz 139 Marder III from the 2nd Panzer Division, Stalingrad USSR 1943.
This model is a great addition to your diorama or armor collection.