- Flying model kit
- Scale: 1/30 approximately
- Skill level: beginner, estimated 15 hour build time
- Laser cut balsa parts, rubber band motor, light plastic nose cowl
- Additional modeling tools & paint required for assembly and completion. (not included)
- Assembly requires model cement for frame and white glue for tissue covering.
- Clear protective acrylic spray needed for protective finish coat.
- Completed dimensions: 16.5” wingspan
- Box Dimensions: 13.5” L X 4.5” W x 1.75” H
- Recommended for 14 years and above.
The Stuka was specifically designed for a vertical bomb run, or as popularly known as "dive-bombing". The 87-B model was the most widely used of the Stuka's and first saw service during the 1939 Polish Campaign. In May 1940, it successfully lead the German invasion of France and the Low Countries but, later in the year, had to be withdrawn from battle when it suffered heavy losses at the hands of Britain's Royal Air Force during the air "blitz" of southern England. The nickname Stuka is an abbreviation of "Sturtzkampfflugzeug"- the designation given this plane by the Immelmann Dive-bomber group.
This balsa kit from Guillow’s represents a Ju 87B from WWII. The kit features laser cut balsa parts, light plastic nose cowl, wheels, covering tissue, step by step instruction sheet and insignia sheet. Made in the USA.
This Ju 87B Stuka is an excellent addition to your collection.