- Smooth textured velvet touch pieces
- High quality frameable print included
- Resealable bag to preserve your puzzle
- Box-top stand
- Designed in the USA, Made in Poland
- Completed dimensions: 18.9” H x 26.7” W
- Box dimensions: 13” L x 9.5” W x 2.0” H
- Recommended for 12 years and above.
Working in her own collage style, which she coins “fragmented realism,” Betsy Silverman trains her eye upon discarded magazines. Silverman selects, cuts, and glues the recycled paper remnants to canvas, transforming the old images and text into multidimensional portraits, still lifes, and cityscapes. She delights in the challenge of fashioning a new image while preserving bits of the former representations from their original forms. Silverman carefully constructs her artworks with consideration to hue, value, saturation, image content, and textual relationship to the subjects of her work. Each piece comprises of many layers both literal and figurative.