- Cobi Small Army WW2 Historical Collection
- 470 piece kit
- 1 figure – tank commander
- Bodywork with pad printing
- Completed Dimensions: 7.5” L x 4.1” W x 3.7” H
- Box Dimensions: 15.75" L x 11.9" W x 2.3" H
- Compatible with leading block and brick brands
- Recommended for 7 years and above.
The Panzerkampfwagen III, commonly known as the Panzer III, was a medium tank developed in the 1930s by Germany, and was used extensively in World War II. The official German ordnance designation was Sd.Kfz. 141. It was intended to fight other armoured fighting vehicles and serve alongside and support similar Panzer IV which was originally designed for infantry support. However, as the Germans faced the formidable T-34, more powerful anti-tank guns were needed, and since the Panzer IV had more development potential with a larger turret ring, it was redesigned to mount the long-barrelled 7.5 cm KwK 40 gun. The Panzer III effectively swapped roles with the Panzer IV, as from 1942 the last version of Panzer III mounted the 7.5 cm KwK 37 L/24 that was better suited for infantry support. Production of the Panzer III ceased in 1943. Nevertheless, the Panzer III's capable chassis provided hulls for the Sturmgeschütz III assault gun until the end of the war.
The Panzer III was used in the German campaigns in Poland, in France, in the Soviet Union, and in North Africa.
Panzer III Ausf. E - Fifth version of the Panzer III with 30 mm (1.2 in) armour all-round, other than the rear of the vehicle, which increased the weight to 20 t (22 short tons). Suspension redesigned, switching from leaf-springs to torsion-bars, now using six larger roadwheels per side. Had a 300 PS HL 120 engine.
This Cobi historically accurate Panzer III block model has and operable commanders’ cupola, escape door and engine compartment hatch. The tank is equipped with tools, spare road wheel, and moveable antenna and operable tracks. The figure of the tank commander come equipped with a pistol and binoculars.