- Flying model kit
- Laser cut parts, rubber band motor, light plastic nose cowl
- Skill level: beginner, estimated 15 hour build time
- Completed dimensions: 16.5” wingspan, approximately 1/30 scale
- Box Dimensions: 13.5” L X 4.5” W x 1.75” H
- Recommended for 14 years and above.
The Japanese Navy ordered the NAKAJIMA A6M2-N seaplane an adaptation of the Mitsubishi Zero-fighter plane, in early 1940. The first delivery was made in December 1941 and a total of 320 were built before production ceased in 1943. It was named the "Rufe" by the Allies and served in both the north and south Pacific theatres from the Aleutian Islands to the Solomon’s. Its role was more defensive than offensive although it was well armed with two wing-mounted cannon and two machine guns in the top front of the engine cowling.
This balsa kit from Guillow’s represents a Nakajima A6M2-N Rufe from WWII. The kit features laser cut balsa parts, light plastic nose cowl & , canopy, small external details covering tissue, step by step instruction sheet and insignia sheet. Made in the USA.
This A6M2-N Rufe is an excellent addition to your collection.