- Laser cut balsa parts
- Rubber powered flying model kit.
- Assembly requires model cement for frame and white glue for covering. (not included)
- Clear protective acrylic spray needed for protective finish coat.
- Skill level: beginner, estimated 15 hour build time
- Completed dimensions: 16.5” wingspan, approximately 1/30 scale
- Box Dimensions: 13.5” L X 4.5” W x 1.75” H
- Recommended for 14 years and above.
Successor to the Grumman Wildcat, the F6F Hellcat made history in 1942 when it decisively whipped the Japanese carrier based fighters opposing it in the Pacific during World War 2. First flown on July 26th of that year, the Hellcat was the result of specifications laid down by a large group of fighter pilots polled by the officials of the Grumman Aircraft Company. In addition to its duty as a carrier-based fighter, the Hellcat served with the U.S. Marine Corps as a potent fighter-bomber
This balsa kit from Guillow’s represents a F6F Hellcat from WWII. The kit features laser cut balsa parts, light plastic nose cowl, wheels, covering tissue, step by step instruction sheet and insignia sheet. Made in the USA.
This Hellcat is an excellent addition to your collection.