- Flying model kit
- Scale: 1/30 approximately
- Skill level: beginner, estimated 15 hour build time
- Laser cut balsa parts, rubber band motor, light plastic nose cowl
- Additional modeling tools & paint required for assembly and completion. (not included)
- Assembly requires model cement for frame and white glue for tissue covering.
- Clear protective acrylic spray needed for protective finish coat.
- Completed dimensions: 16.5” wingspan
- Box Dimensions: 13.5” L X 4.5” W x 1.75” H
- Recommended for 14 years and above.
The Grumman TBF initial production order for 286 planes was placed in the latter part of 1940 and, between 1942 and the end of the 1943, 2, 293 Avenger were built and delivered to the U.S. Navy. It became the Navy standard torpedo-bomber of World War 2 and first saw action on June 4, 1942, at the historic Battle of midway. Used right up to 1954, Avenger also saw service with the Royal Navy, Canadian Royal Navy and the French Aeronavale.
This balsa kit from Guillow’s represents a Grumman TBF Avenger used by the US Navy in WWII. The kit features laser cut balsa parts, light weight plastic nose cowl, wheels, covering tissue, step by step instruction sheet and insignia sheet. Made in the USA.
This Avenger is an excellent addition to your collection.