- Flying model kit
- Scale: 1/30 approximately
- Skill level: beginner, estimated 15 hour build time
- Laser cut balsa parts, rubber band motor, light plastic nose cowl
- Additional modeling tools & paint required for assembly and completion. (not included)
- Assembly requires model cement for frame and white glue for tissue covering.
- Clear protective acrylic spray needed for protective finish coat.
- Completed dimensions: 16.5” wingspan
- Box Dimensions: 13.5” L X 4.5” W x 1.75” H
- Recommended for 14 years and above.
During the famous Battle of Britain, more than three-fifths of the R.A.F. Fighter Command's squadrons used Hawker Hurricanes. This immortal partner of the Supermarine Spitfire destroyed the German bombers while the Spitfires engaged the Messerschmitt BF-109's. The Hurricane was the first combat aircraft capable of exceeding 300 M.P.H., and it became the most versatile single-seat warplane to emerge from World War 2. This plane was used in the Western Desert conflict as a fighter-bomber and a modified version, called the Sea Hurricane, became the first single-seat fighter to serve with the Fleet Air Arm
This balsa kit from Guillow’s represents the Hawker Hurricane Mk.1 from WWII. The kit features laser cut balsa parts, light plastic nose cowl, wheels, canopy, covering tissue, plastic propeller, step by step instructions and insignia sheet. Made in the USA.
This Hawker Hurricane is an excellent addition to your collection.