- Plastic Model Kit, Assembly & Paint Required
- Skill Level 5
- 110+ Pieces
- Dimensions: Approximate Length 15” x Wingspan 11”
- Recommend for 14 years and above.
The Boeing F/A-18E and F/A-18F Super Hornet are twin-engine, carrier-capable, multirole fighter aircraft variants based on the McDonnell Douglas F/A-18 Hornet. The F/A-18E single-seat and F/A-18F tandem-seat variants are larger and more advanced derivatives of the F/A-18C and D Hornet. The Super Hornet has an internal 20 mm M61 rotary cannon and can carry air-to-air missiles and air-to-surface weapons. Additional fuel can be carried in up to five external fuel tanks and the aircraft can be configured as an airborne tanker by adding an external air refueling system.
Designed and initially produced by McDonnell Douglas, the Super Hornet first flew in 1995. Low-rate production began in early 1997 with full-rate production starting in September 1997, after the merger of McDonnell Douglas and Boeing the previous month. The Super Hornet entered service with the United States Navy in 1999, replacing the Grumman F-14 Tomcat, which was retired in 2006; the Super Hornet serves alongside the original Hornet. The Royal Australian Air Force (RAAF), which has operated the F/A-18A as its main fighter since 1984, ordered the F/A-18F in 2007 to replace its aging F-111C fleet. RAAF Super Hornets entered service in December 2010.
The F/A-18 Hornet series of fighter aircraft has been a staple of US Navy and Marine aviation since the late 1970's. This versatile warplane can attack and destroy targets both on the ground and in the air equally well. The newer F/A-18E single seat version is a bit longer and can carry considerably more fuel than earlier models.
This Revell model is an accurate representation of the single-seat version of the US Navy's new Super Hornet; built from quality injection molded gray polystyrene parts with exquisite surface details.
Other Kit Features:
- Meticulously detailed cockpit including ejector seat and control panels.
- The glazed canopy may fixed in the open or closed position.
- Movable tail stabilizers.
- Intricately detailed interior wheel bays.
- Beautifully detailed landing gear struts.
- Realistically molded flattened main wheels.
- Pylons with finely scribed details.
- Aileron actuators, external stores and centerline fuel tank.
- Optional cockpit boarding ladder.
- Authentic waterslide markings and stencil decals
This model is a great addition to your collection.