Realistic Collectible Model
Diecast & Plastic parts
Retracted landing gear, fixed position propellers, no pilot figure,
Measures Approximately: 7.3” L x 7.2” Wingspan
Display model, recommended for adult hobbyists and collectors.
The Dornier Do 335 Pfeil ("Arrow") was a Nazi Germany World War II heavy fighter built by the Dornier company. The two-seater trainer version was called Ameisenbär ("anteater"). The Pfeil's performance was much better than other twin-engine designs due to its unique push-pull configuration and the lower aerodynamic drag of the in-line alignment of the two engines. It was Nazi Germany's fastest piston-engined aircraft of World War II. The Luftwaffe was desperate to get the design into operational use, but delays in engine deliveries meant that only a handful were delivered before the war ended.
This model is a replica of the only surviving example of a Dornier Do 335 Pfeil. The aircraft is the second preproduction aircraft Do 335 A-0 designated A-02 with registration VG+PH. It was captured at the Dornier Oberpfaffenhofen assembly plant on April 22nd1945 and after evaluation testing and years in storage was sent back to the Dornier plant in 1974 and restored by the Dornier employees many of whom originally built the aircraft. It is now located in the Smithsonian Museum.
This Dornier Do 335 A-1 is an excellent addition to your historical model aircraft collection.
- Crew: 1
- Length: 13.85 m (45 ft 5 in)
- Wingspan: 13.8 m (45 ft 3 in)
- Height: 5 m (16 ft 5 in)
- Wing area: 38.5 m2 (414 sq ft)
- Airfoil: root: NACA 23018-630; tip: NACA 23012-635
- Empty weight: 7,260 kg (16,006 lb)
- Gross weight: 9,600 kg (21,164 lb)
- A-6 10,085 kg (22,234 lb)
- Fuel capacity: 1,230 l (320 US gal; 270 imp gal) main fuel tank (single-seat) with various extra tankage in the weapons bay and wings, depending on variant
- Powerplant: 2 × Daimler-Benz DB 603E-1 V-12 inverted liquid-cooled piston engines for take-off
- 1,417 kW (1,900 hp) at 1,800 m (5,900 ft)
- Propellers: 3-bladed VDM, 3.5 m (11 ft 6 in) diameter constant-speed tractor and pusher propellers
- Maximum speed: 763 km/h (474 mph, 412 kn) at 6,500 m (21,300 ft)
- A-6 690 km/h (430 mph; 370 kn) at 5,300 m (17,400 ft)
- Cruise speed: 685 km/h (426 mph, 370 kn) at 7,200 m (23,600 ft)
- Economical cruise speed: 452 km/h (281 mph; 244 kn) at 6,000 m (20,000 ft)
- Range: 1,395 km (867 mi, 753 nmi) on full internal fuel at max. continuous power
- 2,060 km (1,280 mi; 1,110 nmi) at economical cruise power
- Service ceiling: 11,400 m (37,400 ft)
- Time to altitude: 1,000 m (3,300 ft) in 55 seconds ; 8,000 m (26,000 ft) in 14 minutes 30 seconds
- Guns: 1 × engine mounted 30 mm (1.18 in) MK 103 cannon with 70 rpg plus 2 × 20 mm (0.79 in) MG 151/20 cowl-mount, synchronized autocannon with 200 rpg
- Bombs: Up to 1,000 kg (2,200 lb) bombload in internal weapons bay and two underwing pylons