- Comes complete with all pieces pre-cut and ready to assemble with easy instructions
- High quality machined real wood pieces and tension strings
- Suitable for beginner model makers. Great for kids or adults
- Assembled dimensions approximately: 16.5” L x 5.2” W x 16.5” H (including catapult arm)
- Box dimensions: 10.0” L x 7.5” W x 2.2” H
- Recommended for 14 years and older
Catapults were first invented in Ancient Greek and Roman times, however our common idea of them is based on drawings we have from the Middle Ages. This catapult is one of da Vinci’s redesigns around 1485 from his Codex Atlanticus. Leonardo’s catapult used the power stored in the tensions of bent wood – a spring-like propulsion system.
This Pathfinders Design wooden model kit of Leonardo’s catapult can hurl the clay balls usually over 15 feet. With no modifications you can experiment with flinging grapes, and those fun mini marshmallows too!