- Comes complete with all pieces pre-cut and ready to assemble with easy instructions
- High quality machined real wood pieces
- Suitable for beginner model makers. Great for kids or adults
- Assembled dimensions approximately: 17” L x 23” W x 12” H
- Box dimensions: 15.5” L x 6.5” W x 2.2” H
- Recommended for 9 years and older
Flying has always been a dream of humans, and Leonardo’s fascination with birds and flight was evident in his studies of birds and different human powered flying machines. His ornithopter design has captured the imagination of people for generations, and we have combined his cool flying machine with one of his bevel gear designs to make a neat working model with flapping wings and a pilot with moving arms and legs.
While it remains a mystery if his ornithopter design was ever fully made or tested at the time, there are many ideas (hanging in museums around the world!) of what it might have looked like, and we have added our ideas as well.