- Air Power Series
- Realistic collectible model
- Diecast & plastic parts
- Highly detailed, moveable components and various ordnance loads.
- Display stand included.
- Measures approximately: 10.5” L x 6.25” Wingspan
- Box dimensions: 10.4” L x 10.25” W x 3.7” D
- Display model, recommended for hobbyists and collector 14 years and above
The McDonnell Douglas F-4 Phantom II is a tandem two-seat, twin-engine, all-weather, long-range supersonic jet interceptor and fighter-bomber originally developed for the United States Navy by McDonnell Aircraft. It first entered service in 1960 with the U.S. Navy. Proving highly adaptable, it was also adopted by the U.S. Marine Corps and the U.S. Air Force, and by the mid-1960s had become a major part of their air arms.
The Phantom is a large fighter with a top speed of over Mach 2.2. It can carry more than 18,000 pounds (8,400 kg) of weapons on nine external hardpoints, including air-to-air missiles, air-to-ground missiles, and various bombs. The F-4, like other interceptors of its time, was designed without an internal cannon. Later models incorporated an M61 Vulcan rotary cannon. Beginning in 1959, it set 15 world records for in-flight performance, including an absolute speed record, and an absolute altitude record.
The F-4E variant was an improved version of the C/D with an elongated nose and compact radar. These two things made it possible to install a 20mm M61A1 6 barrel 640 round Vulcan gun pod in the nose. The F-4E was the most produced variant with 1387 aircraft being made over its 12 year production period. The “E” also equipped more air forces than any other variant of the Phantom II.
This highly detailed Hobby Master replica represents a McDonnell Douglas reconnaissance RF-4E Bureau Number 69-7514 MSN 4155 in 1969 and between 1971 and 1972 the Bundeswehr replaced their RF-104 with 44 RF-4Es. Now with the Bundeswehr the aircraft became 35+67 assigned to AufklG 52 (reconnaissance squadron 52). AG 52 was established at Erding in 1959, and moved to Leck / Stadum in 1964. On December 15, 1993 AG 52 was deactivated and along with other aircraft 35+67 was sold to Turkey where it flew with 113 Filo until 2009 when it was stored.
As with most Hobby Master models this F-4E Phantom II, features engraved panel lines, antennas, surface details an opening canopy, a well-appointed cockpit (with instrumentation details), pilot figures, full weapons complement, optional-position landing gear, authentic squadron markings, and a display stand.