- Military 1:87 collection
- Zinc diecast & plastic parts
- Authentic markings
- Measures approximately: 3.7” L x 1.0” W x 1.5” H
- Box dimensions: 6.3” L x 2.4” W x 2.75” H
- Display model. Recommended for 14 years and above.
The Bundeswehr is the unified armed forces of Germany and their civil administration and procurement authorities. The Bundeswehr is divided into a military part (armed forces or Streitkräfte) and a civil part with the armed forces administration (Wehrverwaltung). The military part of the federal defense force consists of the German Army, the German Navy, the German Air Force, the Joint Support Service, the Joint Medical Service, and the Cyber and Information Domain Service.
From 1955 it was an important task to equip the still young Bundeswehr with reliable 5-ton trucks. MAN and Mercedes-Benz ultimately emerged as the winners from a fairly extensive tender. From the middle of 1958, the LG 315 was only produced by Daimler-Benz with the standard driver's cab and folding top. The long-bonnet was driven by a 6-cylinder multi-fuel engine with 8,276 cc displacement and 145 hp. Its curb weight was an impressive 7.7 tons. A few examples of the LG 315 were also used as a TLF 2400 tank pumper at Bundeswehr airports.
From 1958 approx. 6600 vehicles were delivered to the Bundeswehr. which are divided into variants with flatbed and tarpaulin and variants with fire brigade kits. The vehicle was manufactured with the "unit driver's cab", a driver's cab with a folding top and a folding windscreen, or an all-steel driver's cab. The flatbed vehicles initially were factory-owned, later the "uniform flatbed". This vehicle was:
- Flatbed truck for personnel and material transport
- Equipment set carrier pioneer group with special platform and tarpaulin and additional side entry on the platform.
- Tank fire engine TLF 2400 and dry fire engine TroLF 1500 of the Bundeswehr fire brigade
This Schuco 1:87 scale diecast model is a replica of a Mercedes Benz LG 315 TLF 2400.of the Bundeswehr.