- Plastic model kit, Assembly, paint & glue required
- Skill level 4
- 49 Pieces
- Dimensions: Approximate Length 7” x Wingspan 9.5
- 2 Sets of waterslide decals.
- Recommend for 12 years and above.
The North American Aviation P-51 Mustang is an American long-range, single-seat fighter and fighter-bomber used during World War II and the Korean War, among other conflicts. The Mustang was designed in 1940 by North American Aviation. First flight of the Mustang was on October 26th 1940 and introduced into service in January 1942. The official last year of service was 1984 with the Dominican Air Force. Over 15,000 Mustangs were produced.
The most common version of the Mustang family was the P-51D, with over 7,956 being manufactured.
This Revell kit replicates the 78th Fighter Group's most colorful P-51D, that was assigned to their last wartime group commander, Lt. Col. John D. Landers. His aircraft was called the Big Beautiful Doll.
Other Kit Features:
- Lift off engine panel and wing machine gun access panel.
- Bubble canopy on a cut down fuselage spine, providing excellent visibility.
- Paper laminated" drop tanks.
- Lift off engine panel and wing machine gun access.
- Authentic silkscreen waterslide decals for Miss Marilyn II, flown by 1st Lt. E. Robt. Welch and Big Beautiful Doll, flown by Col. John Landers; each version sports a unique checkered pattern on the nose.
- Molded in light gray and clear.
This model is a great addition to your collection.