- Deus Vult (“God Wills It”) series
- Spanish collection
- 24 Highly detailed figures
- 8 frames (4 x Almughavars, 4 x weapons)
- 24 - 20 mm x 20 mm square bases
- Requires assembly and painting. Glue and paint not included.
- Molded in gray.
- Box dimensions: 9" x 6" x 2.3"
- Recommended for collectors and hobbyists 12 years and above.
This box set contains twenty-four 28mm multi-part plastic Almughavars which can be assembled with several weapons like cleavers, swords and spears. You will be able also to assemble them with shields or javelins. Several heads and accessories like a banner are included.
Almogavars, (Spanish: almogávares, Aragonese: almugávares, Catalan: almogàvers and Portuguese: almogávares) is the name of a class of light infantry soldier originated in the Crown of Aragon used in the later phases of the Reconquista, during the 13th and 14th centuries. Almogavars were lightly clad, quick-moving frontiersmen and foot-soldiers. They hailed from the Kingdom of Aragon, the Principality of Catalonia, the Kingdom of Valencia, the Crown of Castile and the Kingdom of Portugal. In the Crown of Castile the inner organization was managed by the king Alfonso X of Castilla in the Siete Partidas. At first these troops were formed by farmers and shepherds originating from the countryside, woods and frontier mountain areas. Later, they were employed as mercenaries in Italy, Latin Greece and the Levant