- Comes complete with all pieces pre-cut and ready to assemble with easy instructions
- High quality machined real wood pieces and tension strings
- Suitable for beginner model makers. Great for kids or adults
- Assembled dimensions approximately: 28” L x 11.0” W x 4.0” H
- Box dimensions: 12.8” L x 3.8” W x 2.3” H
- Recommended for 7 years and older
Based on the classic design at Newcastle-upon-Tyne in the UK, this elegant design has been used for hundreds years around the world. In fact, Leonardo da Vinci invented a swing bridge in the 1400’s! Swing bridges are still used widely around the world.
Using a wooden bevel gear, this bridge swings open and closed, just like a real swing bridge.
Great for wooden trains and car sets, kids can learn about gears and have the neatest bridge on the block. Sir Topham Hatt and Thomas would be very impressed, as this bridge works to get trains there and back (in a hurry!), and has room for a Lego or other bridge keepers in the control center over the bridge.