- Precision cut balsa parts
- Rubber powered flying model kit.
- Assembly requires model cement for frame and white glue for covering. (not included)
- Clear protective acrylic spray needed for protective finish coat.
- Skill level: beginner, estimated 15 hour build time
- Completed dimensions: 16.5” wingspan, approximately 1/30 scale
- Box Dimensions: 13.5” L X 4.5” W x 1.25” H
- Recommended for 14 years and above.
The T-28 was the first post war advanced trainer produced in quantity for training pilots for high-speed jet aircraft. Nearly 2000 of these fine trainers where built before production ended in 1957. With advent of the war in South Vietnam, the T-28 was given a new lease on life when it proved to be effective “COIN’ or counter insurgency aircraft against enemy forces operating in the dense tropical jungle. Flown by Vietnamese pilots, the T-28 usually also carried an American advisor-observer on these combat missions.
This balsa kit from Guillow’s represents a USAF T-28D Trojan from the Vietnam War. The kit features precision cut balsa parts, light plastic nose cowl, wheels, canopy, covering tissue, plastic propeller, step by step instructions and insignia sheet.