- Plastic model kit, assembly & paint required
- 390 Pieces; 17 sprues, hull & decks (aircraft: 6 x F4F-4 x 6 , TBD-1 x 6, SBD-3 x 6)
- Approximate dimensions: 14.17” L x 1.89” W
- Box dimensions: 15.6” L x 5.6” W x 2.3” H
- Recommend for 14 years and above.
“Big E” USS Enterprise was the second of the Yorktown Class aircraft carriers. Construction commenced in 1934 and official launch was in 1936, entering service in 1938. Enterprise narrowly escaped the unannounced Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor on December 7, 1941 due to stormy weather. Without any further delay, Enterprise was immediately tasked with combat duty against the Japanese.
“Big E” provided cover for the Doolittle Raid on mainland Japan and took part in the Battle of Midway, Battle of Philippines, Leyte Gulf and provided air support during the Guadalcanal campaign, Gilbert Islands, Marshall Islands, Palau, Iwo Jima and Ryukyu. For a long period of time, “Big E” took on Japan until more aircraft carriers entered service. After WWII, “Big E” took part in “Operation Magic Carpet” and brought U.S. troops back to the United States. Decommissioned in 1947, Enterprise was dismantled in 1958