- Air Power Series
- Realistic collectible model
- Diecast & plastic parts.
- Highly detailed components.
- Pilot figure, canopy can be displayed open or closed.
- Display stand included.
- Measures 10.5” L x 17.25” Wingspan
- Box dimensions: 14.4 L x 13.8” W x 3.75” D
- Display model, recommended for hobbyists and collectors 14 years and above.
The Lockheed U-2 first flew in 1955 with the last being delivered in 1989 for a total of 32. NASA has two U-2s that were converted for scientific purposes to perform a variety of high-altitude missions around the world. The first ER-2 #806 was acquired by NASA in 1981 and a second aircraft #809 in 1989 and are now located at the Dryden Flight Research Center. At one point there were 3 ER-2s but one was returned to the USAF. The two remaining aircraft tail numbers are 809 and 806.
This Hobby Master model is a replica of Lockheed ER-2 #809 flown by NASA. for High Altitude Research. As with most Hobby Master models It features engraved panel lines, an opening canopy, a well-appointed cockpit (with instrumentation details and a removable pilot figure), optional-position landing gear, authentic NASA markings, and a display stand.
Great care should be taken when handling this model. This is a great addition to your diecast aircraft collection.